Personal Information We Collect
Bloomberg Industry Group, or where relevant a designated service provider, collects personal information through this Site, such as during registration, when you request certain services or products, or submit information to enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, or complete a survey or poll, which may include:
- Your name, phone number, email address, work address, or other contact information
- Signature, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, or other similar identifiers
- Account login credentials (i.e. usernames & passwords), user content, usage information, browsing history, search history, and preferences
- Professional, education, and employment related information (i.e. job title, professional background, etc.)
- Demographic information
If you do not provide certain personal information, not all functionality on this Site will be available.
How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
Bloomberg Industry Group uses this information for carefully considered business purposes which also benefit our customers, and which include some or all of the following:
- to provide and facilitate our products and services
- to operate our services, products, and systems properly
- to provide more relevant products and services
- to communicate with you
- to help Bloomberg Industry Group improve, upgrade or enhance our products and services and develop new products and services
- to provide support for our products and services, and for Bloomberg Industry Group internal quality control purposes
- to maintain the quality and safety of our products and services, and for internal quality control purpose including debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- to provide you with offers and promotions about services and products of Bloomberg Industry Group or of other parties that may be of interest to you
- to enhance your experience with this Site, including to save your preferences and login information, and providing customized content
- to analyze web site usage and analyze use of the Site
- to identify and analyze product or service usage metrics and/or trends (e.g. pages visited, functions used, etc.) and develop data analysis, including for research, audit, reporting or other business operation purposes
- to protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of Bloomberg Industry Group or others and to monitor compliance with and enforce any terms of any agreement with Bloomberg Industry Group
- to monitor to detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and hold those responsible for that activity.
Additionally, some of our Sites have portions dedicated to a shared work space into which you may input your work product. Bloomberg Industry Group does not use or disclose any contents of the work product that you input into the shared work space on this Site except to the extent you expressly permission us to do so on your behalf.
You may instruct Bloomberg Industry Group at any time not to provide you with offers and promotions using your personal information collected in connection with the product you requested by clicking here. You can also update your settings for receiving offers and promotions from Bloomberg Industry Group’s affiliates, including Bloomberg L.P. and Bloomberg Finance L.P., by clicking here. Please also note that these processes may take some time to complete, consistent with applicable law. Please note that if you exercise choice in this manner, you will continue to receive communications concerning your account and products and services you requested, and in response to any requests for information by you.
A cookie is a small text file placed on your computer. Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to disable cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. The help function on most browsers contains instructions on how to set your browser to notify you before accepting cookies or to disable cookies entirely. However, note that this Site will not function properly if you disable cookies.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Bloomberg Industry Group may also disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to: (a) comply with any applicable law, rule or regulation or in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process; (b) protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of Bloomberg Industry Group or others; (c) monitor compliance with and enforce any terms of service on this Site; (d) provide our services and products (including allowing a purchaser of Bloomberg Industry Group to continue to serve you); (e) perform other activities related to such services and products, including billing and collection; (f) provide you with offers or promotions from Bloomberg Industry Group; or (g) operate the systems that provide our services and products properly. In such an event, Bloomberg Industry Group will use reasonable efforts to do the following:
- Give the User reasonably prompt written notice of such requirement so that the User has an opportunity to comment thereon or object thereto and to preserve the confidential nature of the Customer Information and Personally Identifiable Information that Bloomberg Industry Group is required to disclose.
- At the User’s expense, use commercially reasonable efforts to cooperate with any of the User’s efforts to preserve the confidential nature of the Customer Information and Personally Identifiable Information that Bloomberg Industry Group is required to disclose.
The collection, further use, and/or disclosure of your information by Third-party Providers or by other third parties is not the responsibility of Bloomberg Industry Group. Rather, such collection, use, and/or disclosure is governed by the third parties’ privacy policies.
Accuracy, Security, and Retention of Your Personal Information
Any of your personal information collected by Bloomberg Industry Group through this Site is kept on secure servers. Bloomberg Industry Group uses security measures appropriate to the provision of the relevant product or service, such as reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures to protect your personal information on such servers. To help us protect your privacy, you should maintain the secrecy of your username and password you set up in connection with your participation in this Site’s service, if any. Personal information is retained for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is collected, including legitimate business reasons, and/or legal and regulatory requirements.
Certain databases available to registered users of this Site may contain personal information received from third party data suppliers. This personal information is contained in public records, publicly available information, and non-public information (collectively, “public records information”). Your use of this information is restricted to specific, legitimate purposes, and such information may not be used to violate any applicable laws, rules, or regulations.
Rights with Respect to Your Personal Information
If you wish to access, correct, delete, or restrict use of your personal information contained in public records information, you will need to contact the third-party supplier of the information directly. If you have any questions regarding public records information on this Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the relevant website or product in the Subject line of your inquiry.
Your California Privacy Rights
- certain information about our collection, use, sale, or disclosure of your personal information
- deletion of your personal information collected or maintained by us
- to opt-out of the sale of your personal information
You also have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising these rights.
If you choose to exercise these rights, we ask you to provide sufficient information, including the products and services you have used in the past, your state and country of residence, and contact information, in order for us to verify your identity and process your request. Depending on the types of requests, additional information may be requested.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf related to your personal information. If you choose to use an authorized agent, you should supply your agent with written permission to act on your behalf in relation to your request, and your agent must provide us with proof of such authorization before we process your request.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by Bloomberg Industry Group to its afﬁliates and/or third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
To make such a request, please send an email with your ﬁrst name, last name, mailing address, email address and telephone number to email@example.com. Please include “California Privacy Rights” in the Subject line of your email.
You may also make such a request by writing to us at:
Bloomberg Industry Group
Attn: Office of the General Counsel
1801 South Bell Street
Arlington, Virginia 22202
Transfer of Your Personal Information To Other Countries
Links to Third-Party Web Sites
Bloomberg Industry Group may provide links to third-party web sites. Since we do not control third-party sites and are not responsible for any information you may provide while on such sites, we encourage you to read the privacy policies on those web sites before providing any of your information on such sites.
Such changes will be effective upon posting.
Intra-Group Personal Data Protection Statement
The Bureau of National Affairs, Inc. and its affiliates (“Bloomberg Industry Group”) are committed to compliance with their privacy obligations in the United States and throughout the world. This Intra-Group Personal Data Protection Statement (“Statement”) sets out the privacy principles Bloomberg Industry Group follows with respect to personal information that it transfers from the European Union, European Economic Area, and Switzerland (collectively, “EU”) to the United States (“U.S.”).
The relevant Bloomberg Industry Group companies have entered into an Intra-Group Personal Data Protection Agreement (“IGA”) in order to ensure that responsibility for personal information transferred from the EU to the U.S. is clearly identified. The parties to the IGA are considered as data controllers, or data controller and data processor under applicable law.
As relevant Bloomberg Industry Group companies are located in the U.S., the group companies involved in the processing shall be known as a Data Exporter and a Data Importer respectively, although there may be more than one company involved in the processing of personal information.
The IGA incorporates unchanged EU Commission Standard Contractual Clauses for controller to controller, and controller to processor transfers, and the relevant Data Exporter and Data Importer will abide by these EU Commission Standard Contractual Clauses where personal information is transferred to or accessed from Bloomberg group companies in the U.S.
Questions or comments regarding this Statement should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated August 2020