Shifts in Corporate Transactions & Investment in 2020
In 2020, companies are seeking funding using new mechanisms and new legal regimes. Rules changes affecting the use of direct listings, the growing importance of special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs), and new regulations affecting investment by foreign entities are subjects that legal practitioners need to be aware of. And entrepreneurs continue to invest in new industries, such as cannabis and cryptocurrency. Corporate funding in 2020 continues to reflect a growing private-public company divide, with a continuing evolution of market mechanisms. Join Bloomberg Law for this 60-minute webinar focused on key factors to watch and the sectors most likely to drive this year’s market for new offerings.
- Get updated on market developments and emerging industries such as cannabis that characterized the last half of 2019 and how those will affect performance in 2020
- Understand the market framework that will influence decisions by private companies on going public or the raising of new capital by public entities
- Get insights on how the ongoing changes in SEC rules, new regulations under the CFIUS, and other factors will affect market flotations
Who would benefit most from attending this program?
- Attorneys and other professionals engaged in capital market transactions
- In-house counsel in companies anticipating going public or raising new capital