Privacy Law, Coronavirus, and Post-Pandemic Best Practices
The large-scale shift to remote work and a global focus on health information presents unique privacy concerns for law firms and companies of all sizes. Employers are feeling pressured to make decisions that will have far-reaching effects, including about employee information and data security, telehealth use, biometric data, and consumer trust and data protection.
This webinar is designed to help attorneys counseling companies about the privacy issues central to managing their workforce, implementing new technology, engaging vendors, and updating policies and procedures. Our speakers will address the legal, regulatory, and practical risks in the privacy and data security arena as well as best practices for companies adjusting to a drastically different environment.
- Learn about key issues across myriad jurisdictions regarding data protection
- Assess the impact of global health and economic developments on compliance with privacy laws and regulations, including GDPR, CCPA, and HIPAA
- Understand the implications of changes to employee policies, customer data protection processes, technology adoption, and more
- Explore ways to adapt experience gained for a post-pandemic environment
Who would benefit most from attending this program?
- In-house and outside counsel involved with privacy issues
- Privacy professionals advising corporate clients
- Compliance professionals advising on and/or updating privacy programs and policies