Preparing for Payroll Year-End
Year-end payroll activities can be a challenge. The goal is to successfully navigate closing out the current year and implement changes for the coming year. During this webcast, tax professionals from KPMG LLP and Bloomberg Tax & Accounting are to discuss key aspects of the year-end process. Additionally, KPMG and Bloomberg Tax & Accounting are to discuss a wide-ranging collaborative report for year-end that features an interactive checklist for payroll professionals for use during this busy administrative season.
This discussion will cover:
- Policy changes and new requirements that need to be implemented before Dec. 31, 2019
- 2020 by the numbers: A look at changes to limits, thresholds, and rates for the new year
- Selected areas where employers have gone wrong in past year-end filings and how to mitigate those problems
- Leading practices to foster compliance not just for year-end, but year-round
- How the tax-code overhaul can affect payroll in 2020
Educational objectives include:
- Learn about best practices for year-end payroll
- Discuss the employer requirements for the new 2020 withholding form
- Understand Form W-2 basics—checks and balances
- Learn about the white-collar overtime rule for 2020
- Discuss multistate reporting and compliance
- Provide an update on state and local paid leave
Audience: This webcast would be of significant benefit to payroll professionals, CFOs, human resources directors, CPAs, corporate tax staff, and other business and service providers working on payroll year-end.
This webinar is a collaboration with KPMG LLP.