Navigating Payroll Changes of the American Rescue Plan Act
The American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) has greatly affected coronavirus-related payroll compliance and other aspects of payroll processing for 2021. Extensions of the employee retention credit and the credits for paying qualified leave wages, and modifications of how the credits work, are among the ARPA’s provisions. Payroll professionals who attend this webinar will learn about these changes so they can empower their organizations with enhanced compliance knowledge.
This webinar will cover:
- The ARPA’s extensions of the employee retention credit and the credits for providing qualified sick leave wages and qualified family leave wages
- The ARPA’s changes to how the credits for qualified leave wages are calculated
- Increases in the numbers of days for which qualified leave wages can be paid
- The recovery startup business provisions established by the ARPA that affect eligibility of new businesses for the employee retention credit
- Other aspects of the ARPA that affect payroll processing
- Cover numerous aspects of coronavirus-related payroll compliance affecting operations in 2021
- Compare and contrast the ARPA’s provisions regarding the three coronavirus-related employment tax credits with those of the 2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act
- Review other federal payroll-related changes established by the ARPA for 2021
- Apply the knowledge gained through this webinar toward updating practices and procedures for enhanced compliance
Who would benefit most from attending this Bloomberg Tax & Accounting webinar?
Payroll professionals, human resources professionals, lawyers, employers, CPAs, CFOs, corporate tax staff, and other business and service providers facilitating payroll compliance.