Lease Accounting Early Learnings and Best Practices
Registration for this event is closed.
This is a complimentary program sponsored by TMF Group.
As the most significant change to lease accounting in decades, transitioning to the new lease accounting standard ASC 842 or to IFRS 16, requires users to examine closely at how they maintained and reported their existing lease information in their financial statements. This webinar will look at the specific entries and actions needed to successfully migrate to the new standards with certain adjustments required during the transition.
Some organizations are still assessing the impact of the new standard and have not yet begun the complex task of compliance because initial implementation is not yet required. Others are well into implementation and we will present some of the learning experiences. The international standard IFRS 16 has been implemented overseas for some time and can provide valuable lessons learned for U.S. businesses.
• ASC 842 – Getting the details right
• Assuring strong internal controls over business processes and financial statements
• Lessons learned from IFRS 16 implementation overseas
• Common features and significant differences between ASC 842 and IFRS 16
• Evaluating technology requirements to meet compliance