Asset Management Strategy Post-Tax Reform
The Tax Cuts & Jobs Act of 2017 (TCJA) was intended to spur economic growth in the U.S. in several ways, including expansion of immediate expensing for asset purchases. However, taking bonus depreciation may not always be the best option for businesses. Depending on the nature of your business, your profit/loss position, and your capitalization procedures, the optimum strategy for minimizing tax may vary.
Join Bloomberg Tax & Accounting to learn about various asset management strategies and how they may apply to your company.
- Understand the benefits of Immediate Expensing vs regular depreciation
- Identify if opportunities for Cost Segregation can benefit your business
- Understand the Real Property Trade or Business Elections
- Learn how Asset Acquisition vs Stock Purchase decisions have been impacted by TCJA
- Learn methods for conducting Lease vs Buy Analysis
- Understand Industry Specific Considerations for asset management